I love this pic...

I love this pic...
Nothing like roses..conveys the right message!!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

looking back...

What makes people quit?
I was wondering why do we have soaring attrition rate cut across all fields and companies??

• My boss is not very friendly…
• I was working for more than what they pay me for ….in lay man’s language got a good hike with the competitor
• I don’t like the way my company treats me
• Projects where not that mind blowing and stimulating
• Projects are toooo mind blowing…
Do we get what we want in our new company…not really we end of compromising things for our decision to change company…there are always +ves and _ves in every organization….what is ur count on this.....

1 comment:

Vivek Rajagopalan said...

I more than agree with you. I would relate changing jobs to onion. You may find it interesting while you are peeling it - but end up with tears ...

Few other reasons i would add:-
People want changes all the time
People want to grow all the time (without introspecting if they are ready for the growth)
People compare themselves who are much better than them and aspire to reach their position early.
And the industry allows it.

I am starting to feel wary as to where this is going to lead us to. If one were to change companies once in a year - he/she will run out of companies in a 5-6 years. And after that no one will be interested in them.

And spare a thought for the clients who offer us business (and money,status, career & pride).If attrition is going to continue in the same trend as this(and in the alarming trend being projected) there for sure will be huge delievery issues and there will be someother country which would dangle cheapher and stable option and we would be in the losing end.

But its not all the fault of the employee only. Companies also have to give a thought and be fair in terms of compensation, growth oppurtuinites, development of a person, stability & job security. Ever wondered why the age old Govt jobs had the lowest ever attrition rate ? Probably a seperate blog ?